Wednesday 7 March 2012

Knock knock...

Earlier this year I signed up for Kirsty's Stitched House Ornament Swap.

They are the cutest little houses - how could I resist?  It took me aaaages to finally get round to making one for my swap partner, the talented Linda.



Linda's favourite colours are blue, yellow, green, pink and purple, and I'd also noticed she'd recently tried her hand at some hexies...  I wanted to do something a bit unique for her, so the idea of making the "roof" section out of hexies was born.  They look a bit like tiles and eaves don't you think?  I didn't like my selection of numbers available so the front door got a bell instead, and it smells nice too as I popped some dried lavender in with the stuffing.  :)



It was hard to draw a line on where to stop with so many possible things to add or enhance.  It's endless!

I hope you love it as much as I do Linda!
xx

Joining in here.

17 comments:

  1. I certainly do love it, it is so bright and cheerful and I love the roof, the bell and the little bird. Thank you so much Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some of these for Christmas gifts last year, they are just so sweet. I love the hexi roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bell on the front door is inspired as are the hexies - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to do hexies on the roof- you really are on a roll with them at the moment aren't you!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh - so this is what the scary tiny hexies were all about. Well done you the house is adorable, I particularly like the little bell. I'm not surprised Linda is thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's adorable!!! you picked such lovely fabrics. i saw it over on "creative spaces" and could immediately tell from the thumbnail that you had something special :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so adorable! I have always loved the look of little house softies, and the hexies for the roof look fab. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, that house is just so adorable. I really love the hexy's on the roof. Wish I hadn't taken a huge break from from blogland and missed this swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous...I especially love the little roof. beautiful work:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable!! I love the patchwork roof and the little touches (like the teeny bell!) make it such a special little house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehe hexie hey haha.The house rocks !!!!!!!
    hugs
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so gorgeous. I LOVE the roof!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just too darn cute !! !! !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an inspired idea, Hexies as roof tiles... as Cat says too darn cute...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!