Tuesday 17 April 2012

Lately...

Life has been super busy...  and in the next week, starting on Friday we have 6 birthdays!!  Next week is going to be crazy busy and I still have to decide on cakes and what not for my two!  I have booked a massage for the following week and am HANGING out for it already...

Amidst all the work there has been some play.  On Saturday night 5 of us went out for a bloggy dinner and it was so much fun!  These bunch of ladies are fantastic and I loved meeting Deb and Lisa.  You can read about our evening here, here and here.


The last few evenings I've also done a bit of sewing.  I've borrowed Cat's Modern Blocks book and am slowly going to work my way through it and will have a go at the blocks that I like the look of.  Except for the first one, the other 3 are the results so far.  I doubt I'll have much time for anything in the next couple of weeks!

And I have finally bought a quilting ruler.  I am in love with it - she's my new best friend : )
Alleyways - not a big fan of this one...

Best Friend

Blue Lagoon

Hope you're all having a fantastically amazing week so far!
L xx

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a fun evening!
    Love all the new blocks, especially the star one. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had fun. Try to enjoy the birthdays. Your blocks look great. I am waiting on some fabric to arrive and then I plan on making a few of the blocks from that same book to add to my quilt. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun night. I actually really like the alleyways block - goes to show how subjective it all is huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blocks and good luck with the mountain of birthdays ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be great meeting other bloggers: you lot are lucky!
    Love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a great night.Lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 6 birthdays, crikey! good luck with those!!! sounds like you had a grand night out, deb is such a cool chick. I love the star block x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah - I see a couple of familiar faces there! Good work on the blocks, its really hard to narrow it down to a favourite eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i rather like the look of alleyways...the others are great too and i always love a star variation...sounds like you have a couple of busy weeks ahead...i hope you fit in some sewing balance!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to next evening! and loving the blocks your coming up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks are coming along nicely. I really like the colorway of the star one. Happy cake making next week and hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!