Tuesday 4 September 2012

Bombed with Love

I've been meaning to write this post for aaaaages...  but back in July I was "Love-Bombed"!

I'm a mum of 3 girls - ages 4.5, 3 and almost 1.5 now.  They are busy and adorable and light up my life.  In addition to running the household and all that it entails, I work most evenings once the girls are in bed and over the weekends.  Like most mum's I am always exhausted and have little time for little else : )  In July my husband was away on work for 3 weeks (and unfortunately over my birthday), and on the back of feeling quite lonely and friends/people not showing when they said they would, among a raft of other "issues" ... this parcel arrived.   Someone was thinking of us and sending us love and kindness and would have come to keep us company if they could...  what a wonderful message to receive!


Thank you to whomever nominated me and to all the wonderful people who contributed toward it.  This is what I felt and said about it at the time:
Hi Ladies,Thank you one and all for the wonderful parcel we received this morning. My girls and I enjoyed opening it and they were thrilled with the items in it! I really struggle with receiving gifts - I am definitely a giver! - and don't feel at all deserving of anything knowing the struggles, worries and fears all the other nominations and recipients have/are going through. So thank you - more than anything it is nice to know that someone is thinking of me and believe we're worth it. Big big hugs to you all - be blessed xxx  

I have been an active member of the Sisterhood for a number of months now and absolutely love the it.  I like to operate in the background though and to remain anonymous.  The ability to bestow kindness and send happy thoughts, love and prayers to wonderful women all around the country is phenomenal and fantastic.

I strongly believe that no matter what our own struggles are - people around us are all dealing with their own difficulties too.  A warm smile, a friendly hello, a jar of biscuits or a love bomb are ways of showing that they're not alone.  But more than that tolerance and kindness, patience, love and understanding are all we need to show, to make a positive difference to someone's day.

Lots of Love, Hugs and Blessings to You All
L xx

7 comments:

  1. BIG hugs to one of the kindest (and busiest) Mama's I know
    Love you lots xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most deserving recipient!
    I think that one of the best things about the sisterhood is that it is about honouring women no matter how big or small their story. You don't have to have the most dramatic story in the world, you just need to have a friend somewhere who recognises that you need a little something extra!
    Hugs J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliet hit the nail on the head, you are SO deserving of some love <3

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, that is lovely to read that you received such a parcel.... I agree with Juliet, and I don't think I could put it any better ") One deserving mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got bombed and hoping very much that things are on the mend for you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased this made a difference to you and I absolutely agree with your sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how lovely. I agree with all the other comments, you certainly deserve it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!