Wednesday 21 August 2013

Show & Tell: P is for Paper Piecing

Hi all you delightful people!

Show & Tell Thursday's

How has your week been? What loveliness will you share with us today?

A while ago uber talented and lovely Juliet from Tartankiwi asked me if I would consider testing her new paper pieced Pukeko pattern... I'd only tried paper piecing once... but I like a good challenge and I was so flattered to be asked there was no way I was turning it down!

Well I was pretty stoked with how it turned out! It's now with Fiona who is turning it into a Quilt for Christchurch : )

As soon as I finished the Pukeko, Juliet mentioned that her Kiwi pattern had been adjusted and... I don't think I finished reading the sentence before sending off a reply saying pick me pick me!

I made this one up in the colours for the Sampler Quilt I'm still working on and the girls all adore it!  I've done another one since, but more about that another time : )  Thanks for asking and trusting me to give them a go Juliet!

Second to last opportunity this week to link up for our August giveaway - one of Lisa from Big Little's awesome patterns!  Head over and have a look at her amazing goodies, as the winner will get to choose one of her patterns!  The winner will also receive a copy of the latest Bespoke magazine thanks to Cat.





Looking forward to seeing your awesome creations!
Until next week!
L xx
I'm linking up with Paper Piecing Party and NZ Handmade this week too : )
Show & Tell Thursday's




12 comments:

  1. Love the birds. Juliet is so talented. So are you by the look of it. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your birds are lovely. I have no idea how you would follow a pattern that complicated, but the end results are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look great - good on you for trying something new and no surprises that you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I learned paper piecing this week too - but yours are SO much prettier than my man quilt stuff! It's fun, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! amazing. I wish I had the patience for these. They look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented! Juliet's patterns are amazing too... I am in awe xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so clever! I have her kiwi pattern and I'm yet to attempt it....these are going to look lovely in your sampler quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you hadn't done much paper piecing, but only once before!?! Wow you're crazy talented Mrs!!! Thank you for being such an enthusiastic pattern tester!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those birds they are fabulous. Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from PPP. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks both look fantastic! Very impressive, especially when new to paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous birds! You really did a great job! Can't believe you are a beginner at PP! :-)
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are fabulous! The sky's the limit now ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!