Tuesday 29 October 2013

Dishcloth Swap - Done like the dishes!

Swaps are great fun and I always thoroughly enjoy them - stalking the recipients blogs, finding out about them, working at the parcel, hoping they love it at least half as much as I did putting it together...

I've really limited the number of swaps I've participated in this year - I think I've done one? two? Not sure but not many!  One was Leonie's International Dishcloth Swap, a secret swap in which you didn't know who was sending a package to you!

My partner was Tracy from Mad About Bags who lives in the UK - her favorite colour is green, but her kitchen is red (from what I could tell from the blog-stalking!)  I knew I wanted to give these awesome dotty cloths a go and love this gorgeous design from Louana, so choosing colours and designs was easy : )


The package also included a few other goodies, things that I thought she might like based on what I'd read on her blog.  Buttons, woollen yarn, a pretty pouch, lollipops, a couple of fat quarters, some buttons, yummy soap and a wee necklace that I made with some fabric, mod-podge and bits of an old deconstructed necklace.  Fun!

I also received my dishcloths from Treena-Marie in the last week or two.  Thanks Treena!

I have some cotton left so will be making a few more dishcloths... perhaps a colourful rainbow dot one?  Am super keen to have another go at the dots!

Are you a fan of cotton dishcloths?  Seen any great designs?

Hope you're all having a good start to the shorter week!
L xx

6 comments:

  1. The dot cloth is awesome! I love swaps, have only done one The Stationery one. I'm looking forward to posting off my Travelling Stationery stash this week too. Have joined up for two Christmas ones. So that should keep me busy and out of trouble for a bit xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I love the dotty one! Clever you and lucky swap partner!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi leonie thanks for being such a brilliant swap partner I loved my dishcloths and all the other goodies in my parcel. Sorry about the mix up though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE the dotty number, and the red and caramel colour combo is my fave! they are too pretty to use though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the dotty one too! You can be my swap partner any day! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE them both but that dotty one is sooo awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!