Wednesday 3 September 2014

Show & Tell: Concentric Crochet

Good Morning!

Show & Tell Thursday's

When in search of snow, one should go prepared... And we were not! The girls lacked some warm beanies to cover those delicate little heads and ears, so what's a mother to do but remedy it?!


No surprises in the colours chosen for the two big girls...(mini sister already had a hat).  A simple beanie, but I really really wanted some "ear flaps" for extra warmth and protection around the ears. Maybe it's because my ears suffer even in a cool wind that this seemed pretty important to me : )

A bit of guessing, a bit of measuring on the models and we came up with placement and a plan. Added some braided tassles and they were happy as larry, and good to go!

I am pleased to report that there were no sore ears - phew :)

What have you been up to? My thoughts are turning to Christmas already... you?
L xx

Show & Tell Thursday's






11 comments:

  1. Oh I love those hats! perfect colours for your b girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting :) Love these beanies, esp. the rainbow one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AWESOME friend! And how cute do your girls look in them romping around!!! One day I hope to whip something like this up for the beans! You are so very talented!! Wishing you a wonderful day!!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I especially like the black and white one!
    Yes... christmas is weighing heavily on my mind... yikes, i have never been so disorganised!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic - I know I say this a lot but I just don't know how you find the time - I can't even believe it's Thursday again already. Sorry for being absent from here for a bit, finding it hard to get around to reading my favourite blogs at the moment, and I am missing it badly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute beanies! I just cannot imagine what being cold feels like at the moment - it is so hot and humid here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and such a great feeling to be able to whip something up to remedy a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas is far far far from my mind far far far away
    I'm still in catching up mode from June July and August and waaaaa
    Time Time Time
    I LOVE your hats LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those wee treasures are perfect {hats and girls!} and YES I have already purchased some xmas gifts and started planning the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those beanies and those girls of yours are just so cute. Christmas still feels so far away but I know it will creep up on me soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!