Wednesday 4 September 2013

Show & Tell - When Procrastination Takes Over

Hi all you lovely people,

Show & Tell Thursday's

So, hands up if you are good at procrastinating on those must-do/in-the-middle-of/cant-be-bothered-with-it-anymore/cant-make-a-decision-on projects...  I suspect most of us have experienced the joys of moving onto something new and shiny instead of sticking to one project!

Well, a couple of weeks ago I was having such a moment on just about every front...couldn't decide, didn't feel like that, all too hard on another...  So what did I do?  

I made a quilt instead!

That's perfectly normal behaviour isn't it?  

I had a roll of retro 30's fabric that I bought on a trip to Hamilton with a friend a couple of months ago, that had been winking and smiling at me ever since...  so in the midst of all the piles of stuff to do and projects to complete I ripped that roll open and embarked on a scrappy-trip-along quilt!

The cute retro zoo block was perfect for the back, so it became the centre and some vintage sheet fat quarters completed the backing.  Every last bit of that 30's fabric roll was used.  In the font, in the back and in the scrappy binding.  

One of my op-shoppped blankets for batting, and my walking foot got a good workout with all the straight-line quilting.  I adore these old-school prints - so cute and fun and charming :)

It is the first thing and quilt! I've made for us and for no particular reason!  (Other than procrastination of course!)  It's been used daily since - our family quilt (ie: for all of us to share!) and lives in the living room for snuggling under and playing with. 

The winner of last month's Big Little giveaway is...Sammy!  Congrats! I'll be in touch soon to make arrangements :)


Our new sponsor for September is the awesome Make Cafe. Head on over to look at the great online shop and goodies! They have a lovely team of people running the show and there is always something swoon-worthy to see and buy! Stay tuned for details on a great giveaway for you lovely players this month : )
The Make Cafe

What procrastination triumphs have you had lately?  Do share!
Have a terrific Thursday!
L xx

Show & Tell Thursday's




19 comments:

  1. I love your quilt. I'm up to the quilting stage with one of my own. I like your lines of quilting. The fabrics are lovely too. So many gorgeous ones. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is gorgeous and oh such a great feeling to use every scrap! Very 1930s of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the most beautiful quilt ever! I wish I was that clever. I phaff about too much and should really attempt one.......one day. Question....do you sell your quilts? Elaina xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you describe is the story of my life! Although I made a pact with myself to not going buying more fabric/starting new projects this year until I have a few WIPs and 'want to make's out of the way first.....that's kind of working - although this week's project took me away from a big WIP :) Its a great block for scraps, and I love the feedsack prints - you may just see a feedsack quilt of my own crop up in the next month or so (I started cutting it last week).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! And the fact that you used up something completely that you bought! I need to learn this skill :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt! I've only ever made one but it made me realise that I just don't have the patience for quilting, even though I loved the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly - that quilt is amazing! It is so beautiful! I love it! And secondly, your post made me grin - my post today is exactly the same! I made a procrastinating duck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay so I have both hands up for procrastination!! so I totally understand....some things just urgently need your attention than other got bored of it projects, right?
    So glad you're attention was elsewhere, as this is a beautiful quilt, and its lovely to see that you are and will get so much use from it. And great use of the fabrics all the way to the last scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! it is totally gorgeous!! love it and I love how you've quilted it.
    I am the worst procrastinator EVER! I have quilt tops made almost five years ago sitting around ... so I make more! Time to buy a walking foot and get them done. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's EXACTLY what I do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your family quilt, especially that zoo fabric :). What a great idea to use an old blankie for the inside. Makes me want to snuggle under it right now. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, Love, Love you clever lady.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt!! And yes, I totally do the same thing as well :) I thought it was normal ... haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt!! And yes, I totally do the same thing as well :) I thought it was normal ... haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love those fabrics and they made up so well in your quilt. What a beauty to cuddle up in and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love those fabrics and they made up so well in your quilt. What a beauty to cuddle up in and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOOHOO! So excited thank you so much! And thanks for the wonderful time on Friday, feel so blessed xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a gorgeous snuggle quilt. I wish I could make one, I've promised myself to learn to one day. In the mean time I'll covet yours : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!