Wednesday 8 January 2014

Show & Tell: 1, 2, 3, Frock!

Here we are at another Thursday :)

Show & Tell Thursday's

How's your January shaping up?

As you can see, my 3 blossoms ended up with their 3 summer dresses. After having each chosen their fabric a couple of months ago, I got round to sewing them up using this pattern, in the week before Christmas.


The pink one was actually only completed last week as I had initially done a different dress from a different pattern.  However it was terrible in fit and size and I really didn't like it, so we went back to the the first pattern and whipped up the last version in less than a couple of hours.


It is super easy and a quick wee dress to sew.  I did struggle a little with the sizing though as the dresses seemed huge on my girls (despite having measured them, etc).  I added the ties to the back of the blue one and it's still going to last her a number of years simply because there is so much room in it!  The orange one fitted the best from the start, but the pink one I took in a bit around the sides to fit better.

Do you have any tips or tricks for me for the next time round?  Anything I need to keep in mind/consider when deciding what size to make when it comes to kids clothes?

What summery creations have you been making?
Hope you're all having a great start to 2014 :)
L xx



Show & Tell Thursday's





15 comments:

  1. Beautiful sundresses! They remind me of being young when my mum would make matching dresses for my cousin and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super gorgeous dresses and girls !!! And for someone who exceeded at dressmaking once upon a time I've long since lost my confidence so sorry I'm unable to help with ideas how to make fit !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dresses Leonie. I need to make some skirts here. Miss likes them really twirly and everything in the shops seems to barely cover her bum. I've turned into such a nana type!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, both the dresses and your girls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and girls! I love the dresses, I bet they love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet girls and beautiful dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't they adorable.....It reminded me of being a little girl with my two sisters and mum sewing late into the night on many Christmas eve's to have the new dress fro us. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yay! yay! yay! ( clapping my hands together ) I saw these in your last post and was admiring them! so happy to see you have made them some dresses....they are adorable!

    My tip would be to select the size by their chest measurement, because everything else can be lenghtened or shortened according to their age.....same rule applies with knitting :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dresses - they look fantastic together. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable dresses, so sweet and summery - and didn't the girls do well choosing their own fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dresses for beautiful girls! Clever Mummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and summery, I love the prints- go you ( and your girls : ) )

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute dresses on cute wee girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What precious photos of you girls in their special dresses! I must get a photo of the teatowel dress i made for clauds birthday and link in, first ever child clothing make and beyond basic but i am proud!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your girls are gorgeous Leonie and the dresses are so sweet. Beautiful photos. I's agree with the comment by Hootnz...go with chest size. I always made sure I made clothes plenty big enough to cut down - easier than trying to cut up!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!